Tuesday, January 20, 2009

THE DAY.

So today was the day and to tell you the truth where we were standing was not very crowded. So I got very lucky :)! Here are some pictures of my day - enjoy! :)


The entry for people who had blue tickets


Our view


Bark dust berm people


Us in front of capitol


Mom and me. I am not trying to look cool.


More crowd


Barack being sworn in


A lady from Nigeria with Barack all over her outfit


Our view back toward the mall past Grant's memorial

Well that was my day! Hope you enjoyed it. I'll see ya tomorrow!

Even though the Inauguration is all said and done, I will keep my blog up until the end of my trip.

1 comment:

~Barbara~ said...

I love the picture of you and your Mom. Reading your blog today made me remember a little bit of the excitement that we felt on Jan. 20... We did not get tickets to the inauguration, but we got up early that day, and managed to get a good spot on the Mall. We were in front of the Museum of Natural History and across from the Smithsonian Castle. It was a day we will never forget.